Jimmy Page

Discussion in 'Electric Guitarists' started by Dan, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Dan

Dan New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Male

Possibly one of the greatest live guitar performances ever.
    Many of you have probably seen this, but what do you think?
    What is your opinion Mr. Page?

2. Chris Herrea

Chris Herrea New Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Male
    He's quite a character that's for sure. And he's good.

3. automattack

automattack New Member

Nov 20, 2012
    I love the way he gets the Edge's attention here...

4. Andew

Andew New Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Male
    He just knows how to get mystique out of that guitar. Was he born with the guitar? Or guitar was born with him.
    But the band is just awesome. It will be famous for another 1000 years

5. Roscoe East

Roscoe East New Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Male
    Brilliant producer. Sloppy but iconic guitarist.

6. SolidFooting

SolidFooting Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Male
    Who says sloppy is bad? I value guitarists much more on their musicianship than on their technique. We could call Robert Plant a sloppy singer too. His pitch isn't always precise, but that doesn't mean he isn't awesome.

7. MarkM

MarkM Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Male
    Brilliant in the studio. When he played live though, he was a bit hit or miss, even through the course of single concert. Still, when he was at his best, he was really something, a true innovator. I first saw that movie in a theatre when I was about 16, and it blew me away. Besides those stupid "fantasy scenes", it still holds up very well.

8. Roppongen

Roppongen New Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Male
    Life is a bit sloppy too, and while aiming for perfection is great (I love Steve Vai), I really enjoy watching a player take chances and try to express the moment of inspiration, in addition to flawlessly performing that which they've worked hard to perfect.

9. Super_Freak

Super_Freak Member

Feb 28, 2016
    Male
    Jimmy is a bit of a humanitarian too. He likes to vacation in Thailand, because many of the locals don't recognize him.
    He also puts up gear for auction there & the money goes to local orphanages.

http://findingzoso.blogspot.com/2012/08/jimmy-page-donates-guitar-for-care4kids.html

He's also a really nice guy:

[​IMG]

He likes a beer now and then as well:

Jimmy_Page-Jesters.jpg
    That's the Jesters logo on the shirt, and me behind the camera.
    Jesters are the motorcycle club that started the Care4Kids foundation that Jimmy helps out.

10. Jay Bones

Jay Bones Master of the Stratocaster

Mar 8, 2016
    Male
    Yeah, he surely didn't age quite as gracefully as the character in the movie did. And yeah, I remember having that on VHS and watching it over and over. Eventually the tape broke from being watched and rewound so many time. I'd done my best to use some clear plastic Scotch tape to splice it, but when I was splicing the splices I knew it was time to give up.

Years later found it on DVD. Haven't watched it in years, but I know every scene by heart.