Electronic tuner for Acoustic

Discussion in 'Pickups and Electronics' started by Marianne, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Marianne

Marianne New Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Female
    Hello everyone. I am looking for a good electronic tuner for my acoustic guitar. I am a beginner so before I can even start playing I need to tune the guitar. Thus I need to buy a good electronic tuner. There are many different ones. Can you give me some advice on which tuners are considered a standard for acoustic.
    Thanks in advance,
    Marianne

2. Craiz

Craiz New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Male
    I always am happy to recommend the Snark SN-2. Excellent tuner, clip on, very accurate, and pretty cheap.

• Like x 1
  3. Not918V

Not918V New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Male
    The standard tuner I think is this Boss TU-12, although the Korg GA-30 is easy to use as well.

4. mrspiffy

mrspiffy A member of the Spiffy Club.

Nov 19, 2012
    Male
    I've been very happy with the Guitar Fetish tuner pedal, but that would require that your acoustic has a pickup and a 1/4 inch out to plug in. If not, I've heard some good things about the Snark. You can even get a decent app from Peavy/Agile on the Apple App Store for IOS devices for under $5. I'm sure there is an Android equivalent on the Google Play store as well.

Good luck playing.

5. Fabian Noggle

Fabian Noggle New Member

Dec 15, 2014
    Male
    I recommend the snark tuners as well, i actually have a plug in type chromatic tuner floating around here somewhere that i had intended to put on fleabay but i misplaced :D

6. Jay Bones

Jay Bones Master of the Stratocaster

Mar 8, 2016
    Male
    +1 on the Snark.

I use my smart phone with an app called DaTuner. I have the free version (Lite), and it works really well. Even picks up my electrics, not plugged in with the TV or radio on.

7. Steve Dallma

Steve Dallma New Member

Apr 29, 2016
    Male
    I have lots of tuners and I usually provide a tuner to my guitar students, most of whom are young. Of all the tuners I've given my students, the one they all have the easiest time with is a Snark. I've tried many Snarks, but the Super Tite is my favorite.

8. generalelectric

generalelectric New Member

Mar 7, 2016
    Male
    I use a snark, it even works well live for electric instruments.

Live, I use a Polytune 2 by TC Electronics. The poly is much more accurate, but the Snark gets really close. So much so that most people won't notice in a live setting as the accuracy is +/- 2 cents.

In a pinch, there a bunch of tuning apps such as DaTuner which I've used. Its pretty accurate but I haven't compared.

9. Steve Dallma

Steve Dallma New Member

Apr 29, 2016
    Male
    The newest Snarks, like the SN-8 are a bit faster, and more accurate than the originals, which are fine. I have a bunch and use them all interchangably.